General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

kongming819
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Addition to the Forum

Post by kongming819 »

The IMSLP Forum is indeed a great place to discuss music related things (especially, of course, the scores on IMSLP). Because IMSLP is run by mostly musicians (...I think), would it not be a great idea for all of us musicians to also gather here to discuss some other music-related topics, such as scores themselves, help with music theory or technique, etc.
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

I think that would be a great Idea. I would be willing to help other's with theory etc. I am doing a composition course at uni right now.
kongming819
active poster

Post by kongming819 »

Well that would be awesome! Now we need the admin (feldmahler) to implement the idea...
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Well... I wasn't sure how to implement this actually (I don't know what the extent of usage is), so I just created a new forum ("Music Related" under "Chatter"). Hope it works (at least until it becomes clear what addition forums/categories are needed) :)
goldberg988
forum adept

Post by goldberg988 »

Well, I think it's a great idea too, but perhaps that's what the "chatter" section is for (topics not really related to the IMSLP site).
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Yep! It's actually similar to something I wanted to do with the wiki (discuss the scores etc), but this is more flexible, and keeps the library separated. But... the forums don't get a lot of traffic, so I'm not sure how it will go. But if there are enough people I might open up another category in the forums especially for this (and to separate different types of discussions with "sub-"forums).
kongming819
active poster

Post by kongming819 »

Well, one can still make a category first and maybe that will attract traffic.
It's a possibility... :lol:
goldberg988
forum adept

Post by goldberg988 »

My post doesn't make any sense because feldmahler posted while I was typing mine :roll: whoops