Jean-Séb
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Moving a score from one place to another one

Post by Jean-Séb »

Hello,
I have uploaded the following score by Neupert, under the name April Nocturne :
http://imslp.org/wiki/April_Nocturne_(N ... 2C_Edmund)
I have just been advised that this is the same (under a different fantasy name) as Etude 19 from op.17
http://imslp.org/wiki/24_Concert_Etudes ... 2C_Edmund)
I don't remember how to relocate properly the added score with those of op.17.
Thank you in advance for any help.
coulonnus
active poster

Re: Moving a score from one place to another one

Post by coulonnus »

I have copy-pasted its header to the 17 Etudes page and requested a delete for the April Nocturne page.
Jean-Séb
forum adept

Post by Jean-Séb »

Thank you so much.
I have just changed N°5 to N°19.
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

Oh, the 17 or 24 Studies are actually 33! Page moved. :-)
Jean-Séb
forum adept

Post by Jean-Séb »

Hi Coulonnus,
I'm afraid you did the wrong thing in transforming this page "33 studies op.17" :
http://imslp.org/wiki/33_Studies%2C_Op. ... 2C_Edmund)
There are no such "33 studies op.17".
The book of 33 etudes selected by Friedmann has already another entry : "33 Etüden"
http://imslp.org/wiki/33_Et%C3%BCden_(N ... 2C_Edmund)
These etudes are only a selection of 33 made by Friedmann among a collection of 100 etudes by Neupert, which are as follows :
(see http://imslp.org/wiki/12_Etudes%2C_Op.1 ... 2C_Edmund) )
Thus, opus 17 comprises only 24 etudes in four "heft". Among these 24 etudes, my April Nocturne is n°19 (while the same piece is n°5 in the collection of 33 etudes).
Consequently :
There should be only one entrance of "33 etudes" with the various scans of Friedman's selection.
A separate entrance should be kept for the 24 etudes of op.17. For the moment, we have only detached numbers, but I can upload the four cahiers to have them complete.
I have not practised for a very long time all that computer skill to make these changes. If you are willing to reestablish the entrances correctly, I will later upload the rest.
Thank you in advance.
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

Tnakls for the infos. I created http://imslp.org/wiki/24_Concert-Et%C3% ... 2C_Edmund) and put your Schirmer scan there. I removed Op.17 from the 33 Studies page title.
Jean-Séb
forum adept

Post by Jean-Séb »

Hi Coulonnus,

Thank you for that.

May I suggest two other rather urgent changes ?

1) The "33 Etüden" under letter E should be merged with the "33 selected studies" under letter S. It is the same selection.
2) The detached pieces in the file "33 selected studies" , namely n°2, 3, 11, 13, 14, 15, 19, 20, 22, should be moved to the new created file "24 Konzertetüden op.17" since they are actually pieces from op.17 in a Russian edition and not pieces coming from the 33 selected studies.

On the other hand, I don't know what is the general policy of IMSLP regarding the naming of different pieces belonging to the same "genre". I wonder whether it would not be more appropriate to find all the etudes under the letter E (for example), not considering whether they are called Etüden, Studies, Konzertetüden, Ocktavetüden instead of finding them under letter E, K, O, S,... But this can be done later.

I have finally managed to identify all the studies of the 33 selected studies and I will put the list online.
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

Jean-Séb wrote:Hi Coulonnus,
May I suggest two other rather urgent changes ?

1) The "33 Etüden" under letter E should be merged with the "33 selected studies" under letter S. It is the same selection.
Done. I requested a delete for the Etüden
2) The detached pieces in the file "33 selected studies" , namely n°2, 3, 11, 13, 14, 15, 19, 20, 22, should be moved to the new created file "24 Konzertetüden op.17" since they are actually pieces from op.17 in a Russian edition and not pieces coming from the 33 selected studies.
Done.
Jean-Séb
forum adept

Post by Jean-Séb »

Thank you, Coulonnus.
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

Jean-Séb wrote:On the other hand, I don't know what is the general policy of IMSLP regarding the naming of different pieces belonging to the same "genre". I wonder whether it would not be more appropriate to find all the etudes under the letter E (for example), not considering whether they are called Etüden, Studies, Konzertetüden, Ocktavetüden instead of finding them under letter E, K, O, S,... But this can be done later.
Our Admins did the job of adding the Studies category at the bottom of each Etüden/Studies page. Do you find this constructive? :-)
Jean-Séb
forum adept

Post by Jean-Séb »

You know, I have been an active provider of scores on IMSLP ten years ago, but I have lost the habit in the last years because I was busy with other matters. So I do not remember very well all the procedures. It will come bck since I have decided to be more active in uploading scores but I'll need some time. This is to say that I believe the action by the Admins to be a useful one, but it is not very clear to me how useful it will be!
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

The 33 Etudes are a collection assembled by Friedman long after Neupert's death.