how to add preview

General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

adeker
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

how to add preview

Post by adeker »

I don't succeed in adding a preview to a pdf score. I think the explanation text is unclear. There is mention about a field 'thumb nail' and a field preview, but I don't understand what is meant.Is there somewhere a more clear instruction to find?
There is a small number at the right of the download button that leads you to the pdf page. I don't think this is the preview page as is mentioned somewhere. Anyhow, I don't see how it functions and tried so many things. How does all the scores in imslp get an preview; my added score doesn't get it, or not yet; but when does it?
Sallen112
active poster

Re: how to add preview

Post by Sallen112 »

You have to use the "Upload Picture" page and then add this field in "Edit" on the workpage in the filestack itself below the Copyright field (please make sure its at the start of a new line):

|Sample Filename=

Then copy and paste after "File:" the exact name of the file on the Sample Filename field.

We don't have this built into the uploader at all, has to be done manually.
adeker

Re: how to add preview

Post by adeker »

Thanks for the explanation. I thought I had to add the thumb nail field in my contribution content page, but now I understand that it had to be done in the file submission page itself. Now it worked perfectly.