General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

mvignal
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Adding parts of a single piece to a collection

Post by mvignal »

Hello, newbie here!

I was recently able to access Percy Grainger's "I'm Seventeen Come Sunday", no. 8 in his collection of"British Folk-Music Settings" at https://imslp.org/wiki/British_Folk-Mus ... %2C_Percy).

I uploaded the score, but I'd now like to upload the brass band/percussion parts (I have 7 separate parts, and eventually someone will share the vocal score).

What's the best way to do this? I'm trying to follow the style of other pieces where the parts are just labelled as "Trombone 1, 2" and Horn 3, 4 (F)" but I'm not sure how to get that to work in the context of a collection that has many unrelated pieces, without making tons of extra work for the magical editor folks or having to label the pieces as "8. I'm Seventeen Come Sunday - Percussion".

The piece is pretty well known on its own, so it may make sense for it to have its own page?

I've downloaded from IMSLP for years but this is my first time uploading so I have no idea what to do : :cry:

Thanks for any help and suggestions! :D I'm very excited to be able to contribute!
goldberg988
forum adept
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Re: Adding parts of a single piece to a collection

Post by goldberg988 »

From the work page, select "Add File" -> "Add Scan" -> "Parts". Then upload all seven parts in order, and in each "File description" box, put the appropriate instrument (and key or number, if needed -- but nothing else, i.e. just "Horn in F" or "Flute 2"). Add the appropriate publisher information, and the files will automatically go under a new "Parts" tab. Then the page will need to be edited to show that it is just parts for Number 8; this is not hard to figure out how to do, if you look for examples on other pages; or else leave it to the reviewer/editor.