Any posts related to the categorization and standardization of IMSLP

Moderators: vinteuil, Davydov

pierre.chepelov
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Proposal: DKB Project?

Post by pierre.chepelov »

I think there are a few dozen of people here that regularly follow the Det Kongelige Bibliotek's "e-noder" bimonthly newsletter. Among the DKB scans, most of the most interesting works had already found their way to IMSLP, but many works still aren't here − and there is no practical way to know which ones.
Maybe we could build a project, in order to have the information allowing us to import DKB scores in a more exhaustive/organized way.

I managed to put together the e-noder letter archives. With a few volunteers, we could tag this list as I did for the very first items, striking the reviewed ones, and adding a mark − "done" when it has been imported, "special" when the line refers to a page itself containing many scores (like the evergrowing "Kuhlau, Fr. Trykte noder i 1800-tals udgaver"...), "NotPD" if it occurs (with help of the CRs), "NotToImport" if there is any specific reason, etc.
It would be then easy to see what to submit here.

At first, we should only deal with static pages − these e-noder archives, and those of the "special" pages that are closed − and of which we should first establish the list.
Then, we'll have to find a way to deal with the few DKB pages, like Kuhlau's, that are still growing − among them the current e-noder page.
It should also be asked to every DKB follower to strike out on these lists the works they submit on IMSLP − and/or to the project members/reviewers/admins to do this for new submissons.

A minor task could be, while doing this, to verify if the work pages on the wiki use the {{DKB}} template.

What do you think?
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Proposal: DKB Project?

Post by Carolus »

Sounds like a wonderful idea. We already have some cordial contacts with folks at DKB wrt the Nielsen critical edition. It should be simple enough to modify the DKB template so that all the pages which have it appear in their own category page, as the Sibley items do presently.
pierre.chepelov
active poster

Should I create a page like http://imslp.org/wiki/IMSLP:Community_P ... KB_Project? I tried to improve my draft, please give me your opinions.
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Carolus »

Yes, I already created this page: http://imslp.org/wiki/Category:Scores_f ... _Bibliotek by adding the category to the DKB template
pierre.chepelov
active poster