Noting whether a scanned score is fingered or not.

Any posts related to the categorization and standardization of IMSLP

Moderators: vinteuil, Davydov

Coxis
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Noting whether a scanned score is fingered or not.

Post by Coxis »

Dear everyone,

I'm a pianist and I've downloaded a few scores off of IMSLP. I'm wondering if anyone out there is in my situation: I'm very good at reading, but I do have to make notations/changes on pencil regarding fingering whenever I'm serious about a piece, it's imperative for me to have a fingered score otherwise it's difficult for me to master it. The way things stand right now, I have to check score by score (whenever more than one is available) to see if there's a fingered copy available.

Would it be a good idea to note on the score description whether the scanned score is fingered or not?

Greetings from Mexico.

Sorry for any mistakes/weird words on my post. To be honest I'm not very familiar with all the music terms in the english language.
steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Noting whether a scanned score is fingered or not.

Post by steltz »

There is a section in the *****Files***** section called "Misc. Notes:" and this is where you can insert information about the individual edition. This is the most logical place for this information. Most importantly, don't put it under *****Work Info*****, because even if there is only one file on the page, someone might upload another one later, and then it will be confusing as to which edition the note refers to.
bsteltz