notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Re: 6 Trio Sonatas (Pla, José)

Post by kalliwoda »

Philipp,

just compare the two lines of tags for the works in question,
Jose Pla 6 Trio sonatas Tags=sonatas ; 2fl bc ; 2vn bc ; 2ob bc
Joan Bautista Pla 6 Trio sonatas
Tags=sonatas ; 2fl bc ; 2fl hpd ; 2fl vc ; 2vn bc ; 2vn hpd ; 2vn vc ; 2ob bc ; 2ob hpd ; 2ob vc
Especially if you then see what this translates to in the category field I cannot help but feel that somebody went of the deep end tagging... Just an example, this is most emphatically not a piece for string ensemble! The tags for Jose Pla are what has been done correctly for the last 18 months and are in my opinion all what is needed.

Now the real problem is, that these are exactly the same scan, uploaded twice. This should be resolved by deleting one of these files and just having the entry copied under both composers names.
steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by steltz »

At this point, this needs an executive decision from one of the tagging team, which will be discussed and taken over on the taggers discussion page.

I have asked either Davydov or Philip to arbitrate it, and then I ask that whatever decision is taken, everyone respect it.
bsteltz
kalliwoda
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by kalliwoda »

Hallo Steltz,
I apologize for the tone of that last post - should have had my sunday morning coffee before posting... :(

And after looking into the printed version of the Haynes I may not even have picked the best composer to raise the point: These were composed in the galant style of the late baroque, and there even exist two manuscripts of single trios for 2 oboes and cello (sic) dating from 1770's, and one of them from Karlsruhe LB may soon be available in digital form.
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Post by pml »

Please, I encourage everyone to let this sit for at least half a day or so — for if Davydov doesn’t take this up immediately, then I for one am not proposing to reach a conclusion before I go to bed (and it is already hearkening to midnight here). As Kalliwoda points out, the tags on one of the pages had been there for many months already — they can surely stay there a little bit longer without further undue harm. Really.

Cheers, Philip
--
PML (talk)
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Davydov »

Sorry I've been offline all weekend, so I didn't see the above until today. Looking at the "Basso" part itself, which is a figured bass, I think it's safe to conclude that this is a standard continuo part, and our tags should reflect this.

Incidentally, this is a good example of why we discourage placing the same file on two different pages, just because the descriptions or tags can get out of step. So I've kept the work under the name of the older brother, with a link to it from the younger Pla's category so it shows up there as well.