Any posts related to the categorization and standardization of IMSLP

Moderators: vinteuil, Davydov

steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Couperin, Les baricades mistérieuses

Post by steltz »

Le Sieur de Limouillet's arrangement for bass viol and continuo comes from Pièces de Clavecin, Livre 2, Sixième Ordre.

Shouldn't the arrangement be moved as an extract to the same work page as the original?
bsteltz
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Couperin, Les baricades mistérieuses

Post by pml »

Generally yes, unless the individual members of the collection are so widely arranged as pieces in their own right as to require separate pages (e.g.the separate pages for the items in Vivaldi’s opus numbers). I doubt separate pages would be needful for the Couperin but I might be wrong about the number of such pieces.

Cheers, Philip
--
PML (talk)
steltz
active poster

Re: Couperin, Les baricades mistérieuses

Post by steltz »

With that as a guideline, what mitigates in favour of keeping separate pages would be that the Couperin sets are large and the potential number of arrangements is large. However at the moment there aren't any there, at least in Livre 2, which was where I looked for this one.

In fact, in looking at Couperin's page, I see only Les baricades that is an arrangement. As the Icking project continues, if we get floods of arrangements of Couperin's Pieces I will leave them, but if there are only a few, I will move them.
bsteltz