What section of the work page should this go under?

Any posts related to the categorization and standardization of IMSLP

Moderators: vinteuil, Davydov

haydenmuhl
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

What section of the work page should this go under?

Post by haydenmuhl »

I typeset an aria from Handel's Rodelinda based on the full score available on IMSLP. I did this so I could extract the parts to perform with string quartet. As a result, I have six PDFs to upload. The full score, each of the four string parts, and a voice part. The voice part is sort of a vocal score, but it only includes the continuo with figured bass and the violin I part. It does not include a keyboard realization.

What section should this go in? Full Score? Parts? Transcriptions? I would rather not split the files up among multiple sections, because all six files are generated from a single Lilypond source file.

EDIT: I'm inclined to say Parts. Someone wanting to do this aria with an orchestra would need to go to parts, and they would find the full score along with it.
Classical Voices - a forum for classical singers
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: What section of the work page should this go under?

Post by Carolus »

I would say everything should go under the "Parts" tab, since your voice and continuo score is not a full sore or a vocal score in the usual sense of the term, I recommend using "Soprano (with unrealized continuo)" for the file description, treating it as voice part.