Any posts related to the categorization and standardization of IMSLP

Moderators: vinteuil, Davydov

rpatters1
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Compilation Arrangements

Post by rpatters1 »

I have a set of Machaut's formes fixes songs that I have arranged for a specific modern combination of instruments, to be played in a specific order as a set. I believe the Machaut sources are in the PD, since the IMSLP entry for his Mass shows it in the PD, and I used the same Complete Works edition for the songs. But that is not my question here.

Leaving aside the question of copyright status, what is the correct way to catalog this arrangement on this site? It seems extravagant to upload on each of the individual piece pages.
Carolus
Site Admin

Re: Compilation Arrangements

Post by Carolus »

Robert, You actually did it the best way. The one thing which I added is the additional field to the General Information section to make it a collection: |Page Type=Collection . This way, the Machaut Set of three works retains its own title as a set (instead of being split up into the 3 constituent works as would have been done in the old days) yet still falls within the general composer category. You'll notice that it is now in the "Collections with: Machaut, Guillaume de" subcategory, along with the volume of Ballades (which also belong there).
rpatters1
regular poster

Post by rpatters1 »

Thank you, Carolus.

Is there some reason the Machaut (and for that matter, Mussorgsky) arrangements only show up on my Arrangements page when I'm logged in?
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

Yes. The cache takes a few days to update so that they are visible when you're not logged in.