Any posts related to the categorization and standardization of IMSLP

Moderators: vinteuil, Davydov

Davydov
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Collected Editions

Post by Davydov »

Since we now have a section on composer pages for "Collections", is there any reason we can't move the various collected editions pages so that they fit into this section?

As an experiment I've just moved the page for "Pyotr Tchaikovsky: Complete Collected Works" to Complete Collected Works (Tchaikovsky. Pyotr), and added part of the standard workpage template so that it behaves like a "normal" work page, apart from the absence of downloadable files.

Any comments?
vinteuil
Groundskeeper
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Re: Collected Editions

Post by vinteuil »

I like the consistency of this idea.
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

Looks good to me.
bsteltz
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Davydov »

Great, I'll press ahead and work on some of the other editions. I don't think it should take too long (famous last words!) :)
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

I think this is a good idea also. For one thing, having real workpages like this will enable us to offer items such as complete volumes which include commentary and notes. There are also those who like having collected editions of this nature in something approaching the volume configuration in which they were originally issued (the 47 volumes of the BGA, for example). This certainly needn't be the case for every single volume, especially in those cases where the volume consists of a single work - like an opera - where a cross reference link should suffice.