Any posts related to the categorization and standardization of IMSLP

Moderators: vinteuil, Davydov

steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Incomplete or temporary tag

Post by steltz »

A user has suggested a tag for "temporary", which makes me think also of "incomplete". The work was:

http://imslp.org/wiki/Strictutr%C3%A6_v ... ck,_David)

The user had partially tagged it (he's not on the tagging team), and I removed the tag, and contacted him to say that it almost certainly would never get a full tag, because it would disappear completely off the lists of "things to do". In this case, I probably could have used "pieces", but I also wanted to research if there was a more specific tag that could be used -- the upload was a typeset, not a scan of an original.

In any case, the issue is one of tagging for what we know but still having it come up on a list of "to do" things. He is suggesting a "temporary" tag, but I think "incomplete" would also do.
bsteltz
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Incomplete or temporary tag

Post by Davydov »

What is the issue with this work that prevents it from being tagged?
steltz
active poster

Re: Incomplete or temporary tag

Post by steltz »

I just wanted to double check to see if there was a more specific tag that I could use so that I didn't have to use "pieces", but was trying to find a scan, not a typeset so I could verify the original. That's all, it is actually inconsequential to this piece really, because in the end I can always use "pieces", but the concept of the temporary or incomplete seemed useful for other works that might really have incomplete info.
bsteltz