Any posts related to the categorization and standardization of IMSLP

Moderators: vinteuil, Davydov

steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Agricola, D'un aultre amor

Post by steltz »

Grove Music lists 4 of these in Agricola's work list, all of them being "arr. of T of Ockeghem's rondeau". There are 4 arrangements of it listed, two are 3-voice instrumental arrangments and the other two are 4-voice instrumental arrangements of it.

We have one untagged page. I don't know Agricola's works well enough, or Grove's system, well enough to say whether all 4 would go on the same page or whether the two 3-voice arrangements should have a separate page from the 4-voice arrangements, and this would affect the tagging.

Can anyone help?
bsteltz
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Agricola, D'un aultre amor

Post by Davydov »

In the absence of any expert guidance, I'd recommend having them all on the same page and treating them as different versions of the same work, each of which would be tagged.
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

Just to add another possible confusion, the same situation exists for De tous biens plaine, for which the Grove entries are:

De tous biens plaine, 4vv, L v, 78 (arr. of T of Hayne van Ghizeghem's rondeau)
De tous biens plaine, 3vv, L v, 79 (arr. of T of Hayne's rondeau)
De tous biens plaine, 3vv, L v, 81 (arr. of T of Hayne's rondeau)
De tous biens plaine, 3vv, L v, 82 (arr. of T of Hayne's rondeau)
De tous biens plaine, 3vv, L v, 83 (arr. of T of Hayne's rondeau)

We currently have 3 different pages for this. Assuming that Hayne and Hayne van Ghizeghem are the same person (?), should these be on the same page as well?

Same with O Venus bant.

Still on Agricola, but on another subject, he did an instrumental intabulation of Gaudeamus omnes in Domino. The vocal version would be plainchant, so I tagged it as such, and now I'm having second thoughts -- Agricola did not intend it to be sung. Does that make it a "piece"? Another option would be "2open (arr)"
bsteltz
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Davydov »

Hmm, these don't look to be different arrangements of the same source. If that's not the case (i.e. they are different works), then they should continue to have separate work pages, with the Roman numeral suffixes I, II, III, etc.

If they are different arrangements of the same work then they do belong together on the same page.