Moderators: vinteuil, Davydov

lekro
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

GardnerPerf template vs. performer categories

Post by lekro »

Hello everyone:

I recently noticed that many of the audio files from the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum were not tagged with performance categories, but rather with the {{GardnerPerf|1}} template. Is there a reason this template is used instead of the performance categories? I don't want to change these to performance categories if there's a reason to not do so.

Thanks.
Lekro
cypressdome
active poster

Re: GardnerPerf template vs. performer categories

Post by cypressdome »

If a performer category exists or you feel like creating one then by all means convert them from the GardnerPerf template. I get the feeling that the GardnerPerf template was more of a stop-gap for dealing with performers who didn't have a category on the wiki (most likely because either there was little or no information about them (at the time perhaps) or they were only represented by one or two performances).
lekro
regular poster

Re: GardnerPerf template vs. performer categories

Post by lekro »

cypressdome wrote:If a performer category exists or you feel like creating one then by all means convert them from the GardnerPerf template. I get the feeling that the GardnerPerf template was more of a stop-gap for dealing with performers who didn't have a category on the wiki (most likely because either there was little or no information about them (at the time perhaps) or they were only represented by one or two performances).
Ah, ok. I've been adding performer categories, even if little to no information is present, but GardnerPerf seems a lot more useful for the cases that you mentioned.

Thanks.