Issues with LIVE Midi +

Moderator: kcleung

EFerreri
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Issues with LIVE Midi +

Post by EFerreri »

Ever since Live midi + appeared on my page more and more of my previously uploaded mp3s are being replaced with a simple letter:"r". Looking at the history I see nothing at all to indicate why this is happening. Perhaps I am mistaken, or not computer-savvy enough, but the "r"s remain. User EFerreri
Eric
active poster

Re: Issues with LIVE Midi +

Post by Eric »

New recordings seem to be "r"d out too, and I suspect this is related to the problem I pointed out in the discussion forum of the Recordings category*, too. No one seems to have paid attention then; I hope they pay attention now, but haven't much hope.

*The Recordings category now contains practically every workpage (every workpage. Not just every workpage that actually has some sort of recording; _every_ workpage with a music score-or-parts in it- I haven't checked the book workpages...) in it, ever since the change to "Live MIDI"; if one edits one of the exceptions to this rule, it leaves the list of exceptions...
Sallen112
active poster

Post by Sallen112 »

It seems this is a serious bug that Feldmahler is working on currently with improvements to the recordings section from Peachnote. Carolus said about this.
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Ok. Will be easier to - erm, well, accept, stomach, whatever - when the benefits of the new feature become clear - but I'm glad (1) I'm not hallucinating (so to speak; that's not been a problem in the past, to my knowledge, epistemologically) and (2) it's being worked on. Thanks.
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Ok, have now seen recordings uploaded with the LiveMidi feature, and quick first judgment of the "benefits": negative. (And not as in "no".)

Erm, but rather than let myself go off on a rant, tell me, was the Live MIDI feature intended to provide a place for poor amateur midi pianists to practice-record riffs of whatever they like, with no oversight (unlike the rest of the site- a very un-Wiki like quality..) -

that is: no relation, unless they so wish, between the pieces they play in the LiveMidi section and the rest of the page?
I saw, to my surprise, a few liveMidi recordings of a trio I'd uploaded, decided to try some of them, and - no surprise, I guess- heard some piano geniuses tapping out random stuff having nothing to do with the string trio in question, not even in the same style, definitely not the same piece.

Also unsurprisingly (... ok, I admit, I am generally of cynical mind and so maybe "unsurprised" is unfortunately somewhat my default state but -- well. still.) I can thank and thumbsup these contributors but nothing negative or more specifically positive about specific vandals (no thumbs-down, no "comment" feature in the Midi section - I could go visit their individual MIDI homepages, but something tells me there's a spyware risk there- well.. hrm! worth a try actually, yes. Ah. Ok.)

So - what's the use of this feature? How does it add to the site? After all the trouble put in to make it work? Why do we have it? (Answers not based in fantasy preferred...)