Bernandt's "Slovar' oper vpervye postavlennyx ili izdannyx v dorevoljuicionnoj Rossii i v SSSR / 1736-1959"

Moderator: kcleung

Lyle Neff
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Bernandt's "Slovar' oper vpervye postavlennyx ili izdannyx v dorevoljuicionnoj Rossii i v SSSR / 1736-1959"

Post by Lyle Neff »

Would a PDF of Bernandt's "Slovar' oper vpervye postavlennyx ili izdannyx v dorevoljuicionnoj Rossii i v SSSR / 1736-1959" (published in 1962 in Moscow by Sovetskij kompozitor) be eligible for uploading to IMSLP, and, if so, with what availability in various countries/regions?

(It would have been nice to be able to upload an iimage of the title-page on this platform, but that apparently is not possible; and the "[ img ] [ /img ]" way to show the image is just too clumsy in this day and age.)
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)
Lyle Neff
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Bernandt's "Slovar' oper vpervye postavlennyx ili izdannyx v dorevoljuicionnoj Rossii i v SSSR / 1736-1959"

Post by Lyle Neff »

Here is the title page (I had forgotten about the "attachment" option).
By the way, the title can be translated as "Dictionary of operas first staged or published in pre-revolutionary Russia and in the USSR / 1736-1959."
Actually, it's more like a one-volume encyclopedia.
Attachments
Benandt_Slovar'oper.png
Benandt_Slovar'oper.png (36.98 KiB) Viewed 5009 times
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)