Moderator: kcleung

Lyle Neff
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Choral piece by C. Cui needs to be moved from Op. 85 page to Op. 77 page

Post by Lyle Neff »

Hello,
Just now I edited this IMSLP page for Cesar Cui's op. 85: https://imslp.org/wiki/13_Choruses%2C_O ... %C3%A9sar)
In the course of doing so, I noticed that one of the pieces in the only currently attached PDF is not part of op. 85, but is mistakenly printed as such in the Soviet edition uploaded.
The piece in question is "Ласточка" (text by Belousov), which actually belongs to Op. 77, as no. 6; see https://imslp.org/wiki/7_Little_Choruse ... %C3%A9sar) There it is represented by a different Soviet engraving (with 4 staves instead of 2).
Could someone please edit the page for op. 85 so that that number is removed from the PDF there and moved -- as another edition -- to the page for Op. 77? Also, given that the PDF for op. 85 does not distinguish the pieces by numerical assignment within the opus, it would be helpful to edit that page and the PDF to make each number available as a separate PDF, with the assigned number included as part of the link.
I'd be glad to do this myself, if I were confident that I could do it correctly, but this kind of fix, I think, is too complicated for me nowadays.
Thanks in advance to whomever manages to take care of this.
lkn
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Choral piece by C. Cui needs to be moved from Op. 85 page to Op. 77 page

Post by Davydov »

Perhaps instead a note could be added to the file on the Op. 85 page that "Lastochka" actually belongs on Op. 77, but this is a mistake in the original edition, with another note on the Op. 77 page cross-referencing to it?