File update

Moderator: kcleung

KGill
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

File update

Post by KGill »

I uploaded my own piece, Sonata-Elegy for Piano (yes, I am that arrogant). However, I realized the next day that I had absent-mindedly left out page 4 while inserting two copies of page 5. I fixed it and used the file update function to redo the upload. Shortly thereafter, Carolus corrected my entry of the piece as Public Domain, changing it to Creative Commons 3.0 (thank you, by the way, I have no idea what I'm doing with the law). Somehow, this resulted in the resetting of the file to the old version. When I tried to re-re-upload it to include page 4, the site ostensibly performed that action but in fact kept the file the exact same as before. Is this a temporary glitch, or do I have no idea what I'm doing with this as well? How do I fix this? (Also, is there some way to remove a previous file you uploaded if you're not admin?)
Lyle Neff
active poster

Re: File update

Post by Lyle Neff »

The only way I know to upload a new version of a file -- in a way that actually still works -- is to choose "File list" from the home page, input a search in the search-box for the file that you want to replace, find the file in the search index that results, go to that page, choose "Upload a new version of this file" down on that page, and follow the further prompts.
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

All files are cached for 1 day. New versions will only show up after 1 day. There is no known way around this unfortunately (or else this would have been fixed long ago). Maybe someone could note this on the upload file page...
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

OK, I tried that specifying a different file name (I had tried before overwriting the original file, which didn't take), and it works now. Guess I should have tried that before. Thanks.
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Yagan Kiely »

By the way, that isn't arrogance, IMSLP should be exploited by composers willing to release their works with CC licenses.