Autotagging/Page edit problem

Moderator: kcleung

KGill
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Autotagging/Page edit problem

Post by KGill »

For some reason, I have not been able to edit any pages. When I submit edits, it just says over and over again, 'solve this simple sum' with the picture. I do, and it repeats endlessly.
I realize the site is sort of under construction at this point, so I wasn't going to bring this up until it was more stable, to see if it was fixed. However, one of my uploads (5 Preludes for Piano by me) has been 'auto-tagged' because it's not in the public domain (it should be cc-by- I originally marked it PD in my ignorance, and Carolus kindly corrected me). The site says I should mark the page '<!----noautotag---->' or something like that to prevent the page from being deleted. However, since I cannot edit anything at present, I am worried it will be deleted anyway. Is there something I'm doing wrong with the editing (it looked pretty straightforward)? Or something else?
imslp
Site Admin

Re: Autotagging/Page edit problem

Post by imslp »

Which browser do you use? There are known abnormalities with Google Chrome, but should work with all other browsers. I'm not entirely sure why it doesn't work with Chrome, and suspect it may be a bug on Google's part.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

All right, I tried it with Opera (Firefox didn't respond/was too slow), and it worked...should have done that. I had not been using Chrome until I found they had fixed their bug with yahoo.com in 2 beta, which was what I was using. Thanks (adding <!--noautotag--> will prevent the page from being deleted in that way, right?).
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Firefox most likely didn't respond due to the ongoing maintenance slowing down the entire site rather than anything else. Adding noautotag only turns off the automatic tagger; whether the page stays or not will still depend on the results of copyright review (copyright review is completely separate from the autotag system, which is there as more of a convenience than anything else). If you composed the piece or have permission to post it, please note that fact somewhere copyright reviewers will notice (the file entry, the composer page and/or your user page).
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

All right, I put 'Composed by the uploader' in the Comments section on all three of my work pages. Will that work?