CD-ROM Score Stash

Moderator: kcleung

gacl
regular poster

CD-ROM Score Stash

Post by gacl »

Some of the libraries in my area have CD Sheet Music cd-roms. I have 10 of them with me right now that i've ripped to my hard drive. As far as i know all of this material is PD. My problem is that i can't possibly edit this amount of material. As a matter of fact i can't edit most of it because i'm running Linux on a computer with low memory (with GIMP as the editor). What should i do with this? Upload them as they are and wait for someone to clean them up? Would someone be interested in zip files of this material? I can work with only the small PDFs. Sorry.

Gus
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: CD-ROM Score Stash

Post by Carolus »

If you like, I can give you access a private FTP site where such items are stored for cleaning.
gacl
regular poster

Post by gacl »

Good. I'll give it a try. . . I have a really slow connection (128 kb/s upload), though.

Edit: Actually, let me list what i have, so i don't waste my time uploading something that's already there:

* Violin Sonatas
* French Piano Music. Part 1
* American Ragtime And Music Hall Piano Music
* Early Romantic German Lieder
* Sonatinas And Easy Classics
* Mid-Romantic German Lieder
* Violin Methods/Studies
* Flute Methods, Studies, And Ensembles
* Vocal Exercises
* Piano Studies And Exercises

The contents can be found at the CD Sheet Music webpage.
gacl
regular poster

Post by gacl »

So. . . mmm. . . where is the FTP site? Could you PM it to me? Thanks.

Gus
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Carolus »

PM Sent. We have a fair number of items from those collections. Also, some things are not PD in Canada - only the USA. There may still be a few items which have not been duplicated here, though.
gacl
regular poster

Post by gacl »

Strange. . . i don't have any PMs received. Maybe there's a setting i need to change? You could also try e-mailing me.

I will check if any other CDs from this series are already there. So far i know that uploading the French Piano Music, Part 1 CD will not be necessary.

Gus
kcleung
Copyright Reviewer

Post by kcleung »

Hi Carolus,

May I have access to your FTP site? My machine has already been set up to do automated logo-removal for the OP project (which is near completion) and I am very happy to process whatever entries in CDSM

Thanks!

kcleung