File already uploaded, annoying message...

Moderator: kcleung

Funper
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

File already uploaded, annoying message...

Post by Funper »

File not found (file name given is Liszt_Nuages_gris.pdf‎, processed page name of the file is Liszt Nuages gris.pdf‎). Please upload file before filling this form.

But the file is already uploaded! What is the problem? This message comes 50% of the times I submit anything.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Does this error go away by itself when you try it enough times? Or.. ? I ask this because you seem to have submitted it successfully in the end...
goldberg988
forum adept

Post by goldberg988 »

Often this happens to me because a space is placed at the very end or perhaps the very beginning. Be careful for this, and if nothing else, cut and paste the exact filename from when you upload it.
Leonard Vertighel
Groundskeeper

Post by Leonard Vertighel »

goldberg988 wrote:Often this happens to me because a space is placed at the very end or perhaps the very beginning.
Sounds like Feldmahler should add a trim() somewhere in the code (I know, I should learn Mediawiki hacking, instead of telling others what needs to be done ;)).
Funper
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Funper »

well it works when adding "normal scans" but when typesets are submitted things go bad...
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Leonard Vertighel wrote:
goldberg988 wrote:Often this happens to me because a space is placed at the very end or perhaps the very beginning.
Sounds like Feldmahler should add a trim() somewhere in the code (I know, I should learn Mediawiki hacking, instead of telling others what needs to be done ;)).
I actually have had a trim there for a great amount of time... which is partly why I'm puzzled as to why these errors keep happening; the log shows that the filenames seem normal in any case.
well it works when adding "normal scans" but when typesets are submitted things go bad...
This is strange... the code to detect file presence should be absolutely independent of the scans/typeset code...

In any case, I'm currently coding something else for IMSLP... I'll go over the file submission special pages once I finish this one. :)
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Ok... I have no idea how or why this happens... can you tell me what exactly made it submit? Because I see that you've been able to successfully submit the files even though the submit failed multiple times before. Did you change anything when the submit succeeded? Or were you just repeatedly submitting it the same way, and it got accepted after a few tries?

P.S. I'm looking at the error log, in case you are wondering how I know that you've submitted it unsuccessfully before.
Funper
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Funper »

well i tried to submit the files as typesets; that didn't work (error message showing up) but when i changed it to normal scans everything went fine. sorry gotta watch seinfeld now :P
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Did you want for the upload to finish? Or did you try to submit while it was uploading?
Funper
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Funper »

it was uploaded. i tried to submit the file with the "typeset"-tag, didn't work (gave wrong filename: file hasn't been submitted), tried with "normal scan", which worked out well (changed to typeset later on the work page).
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Hmm... I've cleaned up the add file backend; I hope this fixes it.
Funper
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Funper »

well my..! it works to upload typesets now.