Date internationalization (for Leonard)

Moderator: kcleung

imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Code now live :)

By the way, about the forums backlinking, if it isn't too much trouble for you to check that'd be great :)
Leonard Vertighel
Groundskeeper

Post by Leonard Vertighel »

I just realised that it still won't work for composer pages, because you can't feed it years that lie too far in the past... back to the drawing board.

You can leave it as it is for the moment however, since for the dates for which it is currently used it works correctly.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Ahh.... I was planning to tell you that but forgot :/ You can just spoof the year, and then force insert the year into the MW timestamp (the year is the first 4 digits of the timestamp). You will need to do some input validation and length checking though...
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Actually I'll just do it right now :)
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

And live :) Shouldn't break, but if it does (i.e. if somehow the timestamp requests the weekday or something), prepare to see whatever it is at the Unix epoch ;)
Leonard Vertighel
Groundskeeper

Post by Leonard Vertighel »

Great, thanks. (Actually I was thinking along the same lines; I was also wondering about the internal use of unix timestamps, but as far as I can tell there is no problem, since in our case they are actually never used.)

Should we work on the "add composer" interface next? We could also integrate the automatic PD tag (if my proposed version is indeed correct). If that's OK with you, just let me know what needs to be done.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

I've posted in the other thread about this :)

P.S. Now IMSLP passes W3C :)