I may be able to help you...

Moderator: kcleung

ReignMan
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

I may be able to help you...

Post by ReignMan »

Hello, read my signature for all the personal mumbo-jumbo, etc. I'm also an avid collector of scores and books. I live near a used book store that is the biggest used book store in the state, and has nothing but old collections of books, many from owners who have unfortunately passed on... But when they passed, they passed their collections to the bookstore (many of them specify them in the will) and the bookstore sells them to collectors. They have books over 200 years old there.

Anyway, my parents happen to have a very high end scanner, but live 100 miles away - however - my father works over here and is back and fourth every week, so I could arrange to have my scores copied one by one. Most of my books are dover, and pretty much all of them were actually published 75 years ago, and are now public domain.

I have the complete Norton Scores vol. 1. and rev. 4 vol 2, and rev. 2 and 3 are avalible, but they're all pretty much duplicates.

I have an original blue danube piano score from the 1800S. I have 5 books of piano music printed in the 1920s.

I can take requests, if you like.

Let me know if you're interested.
Composer for Films, TV, and other Broadcast Media
Session Piano/Bass/Guitar/Percussion
Musical Savant
Sphemusator
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

A Long Shot

Post by Sphemusator »

This has to be a long shot, but it's certainly worth a try given the resources you have available.

Do you, possibly, please please please, have Henry Purcell's "Music for a while"? (Lyric by John Dryden).
Promoting the music of James Butt, f.i.a.l.
http://sphemusations.tripod.com/

And my own work
http://kittybriton.deviantart.com/gallery/

Now open: Kittybriton's Muddlery
http://kittybriton.etsy.com/
horndude77
active poster

Post by horndude77 »

Pick what interests you first as you'll have more incentive to work on it. Other than that I'm always interested in public domain horn music (concertos, etudes, chamber pieces, etc...) if you have any along with full orchestra scores. Good luck!
ReignMan

Post by ReignMan »

horndude77 wrote:Pick what interests you first as you'll have more incentive to work on it. Other than that I'm always interested in public domain horn music (concertos, etudes, chamber pieces, etc...) if you have any along with full orchestra scores. Good luck!
I don't have much instrumental stuff, but I do have all of the major treatise's which contain excerpts from many great horn songs. Almost all of the scores I have have horn parts, many are for the natural horn actually.

As far as purcell, I'll keep an eye out and if I find that music, I'll buy it, but I don't have much purcell except piano works.

I have Dido's Lament in Continuo.

I found a copy of "Music for a While." It's a piano - vocal arangement, I'm going to see if I can get it.
Musical Savant
horndude77
active poster

Post by horndude77 »

What is "all of the major treatise"? Currently the symphonies and many concertos of Schubert, Schumann, Mahler, Mendelssohn, Borodin, Rachmaninoff and others are missing from IMSLP. I consider all of these (and more) major works. If you're talking about some sort of excerpt book, it would also be valuable to have. What horn music do you have specifically? Really any public domain score would add value to this site. Thanks!
horndude77
active poster

Post by horndude77 »

What is "all of the major treatise"? Currently the symphonies and many concertos of Schubert, Schumann, Mahler, Mendelssohn, Borodin, Rachmaninoff and others are missing from IMSLP. I consider all of these (and more) major works. If you're talking about some sort of excerpt book, it would also be valuable to have. What horn music do you have specifically? Really any public domain score would add value to this site. Thanks!
ReignMan

Post by ReignMan »

horndude77 wrote:What is "all of the major treatise"? Currently the symphonies and many concertos of Schubert, Schumann, Mahler, Mendelssohn, Borodin, Rachmaninoff and others are missing from IMSLP. I consider all of these (and more) major works. If you're talking about some sort of excerpt book, it would also be valuable to have. What horn music do you have specifically? Really any public domain score would add value to this site. Thanks!
Well, Berlioz wrote a great Treatise on instrumentation, which was updated by Strauss. I also have Rimsky-Korsakov's, and William Forsythe's, as well as Adam Carse's book on wind instruments with fingering charts from past tutors.

As far as horns go, I guess the point is that horn concertos and what not I don't have, I do have music with horns.

I have the first movement of Shubert's Unfinished Symphony, so I'll scan that this weekend.
Musical Savant