MIT Project

Moderator: kcleung

jujimufu
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Bot

MIT Project

Post by jujimufu »

Does anyone know what is happening with the MIT project?

Last time I checked, the page we were given to upload scores from is now username/password protected, and thus inaccessible.

I have personally not been informed of a username and password we can use to access the files so we can continue working on the project - if anyone is aware of such a username and password, I would be delighted to receive a PM with it, alternatively if someone could get on to communicating with Michael Hawley and see how we could gain access to the file directory again so we can continue with the project, that'd be great. (I assume it would need to be a high-rank member and not just any member to ask for the permission, which is why I am asking this here).

We started it, and we should finish it! There's not terribly much left..
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot2: Human

Re: MIT Project

Post by Carolus »

I think Peter may have completed the project, or is well along the way to doing so. Check with him.
Peter
Site Admin
notabot2: Human

Post by Peter »

The project is near to completion. The project was launched very well, and was interrupted by the takedown of IMSLP. During downtime the archive got locked with a username and password, which is the reason why after reopening of imslp the project was only continued by a select group of trusted IMSLP users (on request of the collection owner) at a slow rate. 99% of the scores has been uploaded now, in the last two years I finished the last two letters. What is still waiting is the checking of what has been processed for omissions, updates regarding newly entered public domain works. There have also been a couple of uploads by the collection owner after we started this project.
It will finish, but is on low priority right now. Don't worry, Petrucci isn't missing any masterworks from this collection, it's merely needing some cleaning up, before the entry from 'active projects' can be moved to 'completed projects'.

So no new request for access to this project will be considered.
jujimufu
active poster
notabot2: Bot

Post by jujimufu »

That is great news! :)

I am glad we had this done - it had lots and lots of scores, I remember, although a lot of them were not PD and some of them weren't even the piece that was titled, which made things a bit confusing from time to time.

I think this thread can be locked now :P