IMSLP slow today?

Moderator: kcleung

Generoso
active poster

IMSLP slow today?

Post by Generoso »

Whats up with the slow speed of IMSLP today (May 3rd 2010). Uploading and just loading pages is taking forever! I just would like to know if it is on my side or something else?
Generoso
active poster

Re: IMSLP slow today?

Post by Generoso »

For the past two days I have had to wait for IMSLP pages to load. Many times if I go to any IMSLP.org page it even does not load. I have been using Safari on my MAC. When I try to use Firefox I get this...
The connection has timed out
The server at imslp.org is taking too long to respond.
* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
Any other site loads immediately as does this forum site. No problems going to any other site. Has there been heavy traffic to IMSLP lately? Has anyone else had these slow-loading or non loading pages?
steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by steltz »

Not sure where you guys are from, but there have been problems with a Seacom cable in the Mediterranean. This has affected internet in many places, including Africa, parts of Europe and Asia. Bad weather hampered the maintenance and repairs.

They thought it would take a couple of days to fix, then they said it would be done by 30 April, and I believe there are still some issues in some places. I gave up for a few days, but mine seems to be OK now.
bsteltz
vinteuil
Groundskeeper
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by vinteuil »

I'm East Coast US, using Linux/Windows/Mac, and have had no problems using Safari, Firefox, or IE...
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"
Generoso
active poster

Post by Generoso »

I have just noticed that when I am logged in the loading of pages takes a long time if it loads at all. BUT if I log out every page loads immediately... Very Strange!

This happens in Safari, Firefox and Chrome on my MAC.

I am in Europe, if that makes a difference...