click (next 200) doesn't work

Moderator: kcleung

markwa
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

click (next 200) doesn't work

Post by markwa »

On several Category pages, such as http://imslp.org/wiki/Category:For_2_pianos_(arr) , I find that the (next 200) link doesn't do anything. One can only see the first page of the index. I have this problem in both Firefox v 3.6.3 and IE v 8.0. Is there some trick to getting this to work?

Cheers
-- Mark
Mark Walsen
markwa@notation.com
Founder/Developer of Notation Software (www.notation.com)
vinteuil
Groundskeeper
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Re: click (next 200) doesn't work

Post by vinteuil »

Unfortunately, one of the problems with this new system, which will only gradually make pages for the new categories, is that the new categories have this error unless the page is existing (blue link vs. red link). This, however, goes away if you log in. :roll:
P.S. P.Davydov: That was a hint.
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Davydov »

I'm under instructions from Feldmahler not to create any more pages for the new categories, so this is something you might want to mention to him...
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

If I recall correctly, the reasoning there was that maintenance would skyrocket if you wanted to change anything in the system, since the categories would no longer be liquid. However, what's wrong with realizing the rest of the most common ones that are unlikely to change (there are a lot)? IMO, the system as it stands now (lots of redlinks) is less helpful than it could be. It isn't always obvious how to reach the CW, and the redlinks can't be used in any helpful lists (like the partial one for instrumentations). Would it really be that much of a problem?
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

The link problem has been fixed.

Also, I would still argue against realizing MW:G categories. See the new genre viewer from the portal page :-) Feel free to tweak IMSLP:View_Genres.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

That's an excellent solution, Feldmahler - thank you.