"Featured Scores" to "Featured Music?"

Moderator: kcleung

vinteuil
Groundskeeper
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

"Featured Scores" to "Featured Music?"

Post by vinteuil »

Now that we are gaining a few historical recordings (e.g. Schnabel Beethoven Op. 54), then perhaps we could think about changing FS to FM for the sake of being able to include recordings. Obviously, scores far outweigh recordings in number, but the possibility of inclusion seems somewhat worthwhile.
What thinks everyone?
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"
BKhon

Re: "Featured Scores" to "Featured Music?"

Post by BKhon »

I was actually thinking about something along those lines to improve the inclusion of what IMSLP offers. I don't know if I'm really supposed to be commenting on this since I obviously can't make that change. But as a user, I think it's a good idea.
vinteuil
Groundskeeper
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by vinteuil »

The only reason this is on a public forum is because I wanted opinions from everyone, especially those who can't make the change, as they make up somewhat of a majority here :)
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"
Rabenhorst
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Rabenhorst »

Thinking about an alternative German translation for "Featured Music", I ask myself, if even the English version itself is the best. The subject of IMSLP is nothing else than music. So why Featured MUSIC or SCORES at all? A possibility in German could simply be 'Schatztruhe' (tresure chest). That would include what ever can be featured: Nice or rare editions, work pages, special pages (e.g. Gesamtausgaben, Denkmäler), recordings, etc.
steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by steltz »

Featured items?
bsteltz
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

"Featured Items" sounds good to me. If possible I would definitely try to include recordings in the list.
Leonard Vertighel
Groundskeeper

Post by Leonard Vertighel »

I'm still not sure what is wrong with "featured music"? It seems to include practically anything that would be on IMSLP....
BKhon

Post by BKhon »

Featured items doesn't sound right to me. I agree with Leonard, I think featured music is best.