Moderator: kcleung

Craigbakalian
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Piece Only Shows When I am Logged In

Post by Craigbakalian »

Hi,

I am a composer. I added a work to my composer page, uploaded the files and did everything I normally do when I publish on IMSLP. The work, Music For Saxophone Quartet and Percussion only displays on my composer page when I am logged in. What is up with this? Also, it never showed up on the Recent Additions of the Main Page. Why? :(

Any info appreciated,
Craig Bakalian
kalliwoda
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Re: Piece Only Shows When I am Logged In

Post by kalliwoda »

This may be an issue of the wiki-cache, should be cleared after a few days - but its strange that there are already newer submissions all visible.
see the discussion a year ago: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2418
Craigbakalian
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Craigbakalian »

But would this not be an issue with the administrators of IMSLP to resolve. Oddly, administrators have edited the work page. And, Is there a solution, because your reply suggests to wait a couple of days or weeks for the work to display, which isn't a solution. I feel like I am waiting for a magic wand.
Leonard Vertighel
Groundskeeper

Post by Leonard Vertighel »

I don't know about the Recent Additions issue, but the work page not showing up on the category page was indeed a caching problem. The solution is either to wait until the cache expires (this may take a few days), or clear the cache manually (which I just did). To do the latter, click on the "view source" tab of the category page (while logged out). You will then notice the string "action=edit" within the address bar of your browser. Change it to "action=purge" and hit return/enter. After confirming this action, the category page should appear in its updated state.