IMSLP not visible in google

Moderator: kcleung

guest_Peter

IMSLP not visible in google

Post by guest_Peter »

IMSLP is not visible in Google at all. For example, try "Beethoven public domain sheet music", a common search term I think, and ISMLP does not appear in the first 150 results :shock: :shock: :shock: . That's 15 clicks and maybe more. Worse: try "Beethoven sheet music IMSLP" and IMSLP is NOT in the 3-page results.

Btw, www.imslp.com has been bought by some capitalists. :(

Guest_Peter

Post by Guest »

More results; "public domain sheet music IMSLP" or "free sheet music IMSLP" not in the first 20...

a very general search term: "public domain sheet music", not in the first 160.
Sphemusator
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Search ranking

Post by Sphemusator »

Has the IMSLP been submitted to any of the big search engines? or is it just waiting for the spiders to find it?

:oops: I expect you to point and laugh :oops:
Promoting the music of James Butt, f.i.a.l.
http://sphemusations.tripod.com/

And my own work
http://kittybriton.deviantart.com/gallery/

Now open: Kittybriton's Muddlery
http://kittybriton.etsy.com/
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Well... that's a very good point Peter. The reason I think is because you included "sheet music" in the search; I don't think there is any mention of "sheet music" anywhere on IMSLP... try using "score" instead (I searched for "free score IMSLP" and the IMSLP main page was the 5th result) :) The reason I never used the phrase "sheet music" is that I thought it was not entirely correct; in conservatories they never use "sheet music", but rather "scores", because saying "sheet music" has a faint connotation of popular music.

However, I think what you're pointing out is very valid, since indeed many people use the phrase "sheet music" as a synonym for scores, and so I'll try to add a meta tag to index.php which includes "sheet music".

Sphemusator: Not really... but all the major search engines (Google, Yahoo, etc.) has found the site and indexed all the pages :)
Peter
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Peter »

Well... that's why I never had good results on english in high school... :? But hey, I learned two new words today :)
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Hehe... and just in case you're wondering I did indeed manage to manually add "sheet music" and a few other keywords. Should be great :)
kongming819
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by kongming819 »

So as of now, has visibility increased? I haven't checked yet...no time...
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Greatly :)

In March, Google.com was the biggest referrer, with 15138 referrals. This is not taking into account the other language versions of Google; Google.co.uk came in 5th at 2209 referrals and Google.fr came in 6th at 1999 referrals :)
kongming819
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by kongming819 »

Oh good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: