Sibley Project List of remaining links

Moderator: kcleung

icactus
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Sibley Project List of remaining links

Post by icactus »

that won't really make a difference because files have to be PD in both the US and Canada for them to be made available on IMSLP (because IMSLP is technically headquartered in the US). There isn't a Canada-only server like there is for US-only or EU-only. So even if a Canadian downloaded the files they wouldn't be able to be made available on IMSLP.
jemiller226
regular poster

Post by jemiller226 »

Ah, good to know. :)
jemiller226
regular poster

Post by jemiller226 »

For the record, I just sent Jim and Alice a list of all the restricted access numbers between 6000 and 6999. It's likely that at least a few of these were restricted by the software glitch I mentioned, but I asked for information on all of them so we can make notes about the ones that are truly non-PD.
icactus
active poster

Post by icactus »

Just wanted to let anyone who cares know that the Sibley Links page is now current up to 18,000 (currently the Sibley library is at 18,150 or so) so please be sure to delete the entries there when you're uploading. I had the program remove everything from the list that had already been uploaded so there should be no fear of duplicates from this point on for anything over 15,000.

http://imslp.org/wiki/IMSLP:Sibley_Mirr ... ist_Page_4

Special thanks to Schissel, Massenetique, Fynnjamin, Morel and the others who continue to sandbag against the rising tide that is the Sibley Project.
aldona
active poster

Post by aldona »

I'm just picking my way through the Sibley Link List now, trying to find things I can upload...

I'm finding quite a few files that I (or others) uploaded way back in the day when there was no Sibley uploader or official project as such - I would save the files to my computer and then use the "upload multiple files" function. I think I should delete them off the list, so we do not double up...

Example I am looking at right now:

Charles Quef - 5 pieces for organ, Op.32. Sibley Handle: 1802/3390
When you go to the work page you see: Complete Score, Scanned by Sibley Music Library, Uploaded by me 29 November 2008.
(The usual message that "this is part of the Sibley mirroring project" is lacking, because of the unorthodox way I uploaded things back then.)

AJ
“all great composers wrote music that could be described as ‘heavenly’; but others have to take you there. In Schubert’s music you hear the very first notes, and you know that you’re there already.” - Steven Isserlis
icactus
active poster

Post by icactus »

Hey Aldona -

A while ago I went through and manually found and edited the "scanned by" tag for every Sibley file uploaded from 2006-2009 that wasn't properly done (or whenever it was that the upload format was standardized) but it looks like there are still a few I've missed.

In any case, just delete those links from the Link List but do change the "scanned by" part of the wiki syntax on the work page to the new {{Sibleyscan|1802/xxxx}} format so we can track the items going forward.
aldona
active poster

Post by aldona »

I just found another one...Amilcare Zanella, String Quartet No.1. The wiki syntax was correct ... {{Sibleyscan|1802/7535}}...but it was still on the Sibley link list.

Looks like they have a way of sneaking through.

AJ
“all great composers wrote music that could be described as ‘heavenly’; but others have to take you there. In Schubert’s music you hear the very first notes, and you know that you’re there already.” - Steven Isserlis
icactus
active poster

Post by icactus »

Files like that example were missed the first time because they were not uploaded with the file name containing "Sibley1802.xxxxx." I'm going to try a different way of pulling every file from IMSLP that has the "sibleyscan" tag in the wiki syntax and then run it against a full list of remaining sibley links to remove any others that are set up properly but uploaded without using the sibley wizard to include the "sibley1802.xxxxx" part.

This way the only duplicates left are the ones where the link just says "scanned by sibley" or where the uploader didn't mention sibley anywhere on the page. I'm curious how many more that will take out.
icactus
active poster

Post by icactus »

Holy Smokes! So it looks like about 1000 slipped through. It turns out there are 914 files that are properly tagged with "sibleyscan/1802/xxxx" but that were uploaded without the sibley wizard numbering system as part of the file name so they were missed the first time around. I'm updating the link lists now to take those 914 off.