A PDF score locks me out and won't delete.

Moderator: kcleung

jm_1234321
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by jm_1234321 »

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Mozart's 25th symph:
Arrangements and Transcriptions (11):
Complete:
For Piano solo:

Complete Score
#52802 - 0.63MB, 13 pages - 8.0/10 2 4 6 8 10 (2) - 2385x⇩
''''''''''''''''''''''''''
When opened for first time, Adobe reader asked if I wanted to download "signatures" (or something similar). While odd, I agreed.

Now the score doesn't open and won't delete or move to new location, saying I am "not the owner" or don't have administrative rights. When I try to take administrative ownership, it refuses saying I don't have rights.

0_o !!!!!!
Choralia
Site Admin

Re: A PDF score locks me out and won't delete.

Post by Choralia »

The pdf file is digitally signed, however this should not normally impair the possibility to open it. I can open it without problems, and inspect the digital signatures as well. I guess that there is something wrong in your computer's configuration as far as digitally signed pdf files are concerned. Suggestions:

- try to tweak Adobe Acrobat Reader's digital signature settings;

- try to uninstall and re-install Adobe Acrobat reader;

- try to install another pdf reader (e.g., Perfect PDF).

Max
jm_1234321

Re: A PDF score locks me out and won't delete.

Post by jm_1234321 »

Choralia wrote:The pdf file is digitally signed, however this should not normally impair the possibility to open it. I can open it without problems, and inspect the digital signatures as well. I guess that there is something wrong in your computer's configuration as far as digitally signed pdf files are concerned. Suggestions:

- try to tweak Adobe Acrobat Reader's digital signature settings;

- try to uninstall and re-install Adobe Acrobat reader;

- try to install another pdf reader (e.g., Perfect PDF).

Max
Yes I agree that the signature download was not the problem.

What happened was I tried to RE-download the file as an overwrite (ie not as a unique file). Apparently nothing was happening --nothing showed that downloading was occurring-- but it was downloading in the background of Firefox. So ultimately I was trying to move or delete a file that was in use by firefox. The file did delete later.