Alfonso de Silva

Moderator: kcleung

robert leleu
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Alfonso de Silva

Post by robert leleu »

2 or 3 weeks ago I wrote a page about Alfonso de Silva, a peruvian compositor, waiting for the preparation of PDF files.

I can’t find it now.

Could someone help ?

thanks
steltz
active poster

Re: Alfonso de Silva

Post by steltz »

If a page stays blank for more than a few days, it gets deleted, so I'm afraid you'll have to create the page again. Just for future reference, it's probably best not to create the page until the PDFs are ready, then they can go on the page immediately, and then nothing gets deleted.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I think there were problems in the past with pages that stayed empty forever, so they set up a time limit for a page with no files . . . .
bsteltz
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

Since the composer's dates are 1903-1937, there should be no problem as long as you're not adding new editions and arrangements (other than your own).
robert leleu

Post by robert leleu »

The edition however was made (from manuscripts) in 1964 by Francisco Pulgar Vidal, and Ediciones Nueva Mủsica, en Lima, Perủ
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

That could be a problem if the edition is non-urtext, as it would then be dependent upon Vidal's dates. A 1964 first publication with a proper notice would render the work under protection in the USA until 2060. If the edition is urtext, Canada should be OK as long as the piece was performed before 1963. It would also be free in the EU as the term for editio princeps is 25 years.
robert leleu

Post by robert leleu »

My computer just died... I hope I recover my datas within 2 weeks. I then send to you the scan.