missing horn part - Myslivecek

Moderator: kcleung

Elsa Paterson
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

missing horn part - Myslivecek

Post by Elsa Paterson »

Horn I part is missing in Six Symphonies by Josef Myslivecek. Can this be remedied? Thanks. Elsa Paterson, Saint John, New Brunswick
horndude77
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Re: missing horn part - Myslivecek

Post by horndude77 »

The scanner of this document did not include it: http://bdh.bne.es/bnesearch/detalle/3421206. Either it is an oversight or the part is lost.
jossuk
active poster

Post by jossuk »

I see 6 "Overtures" posted under the composer (rather than "Symphonies"). The parts seem to be complete for those pieces. Ditto the link provided by horndude.
Have I missed something?
Elsa Paterson

Post by Elsa Paterson »

Thanks for pointing out that they are now listed correctly under 6 Overtures! They previously were under 6 Symphonies, which caused me some confusion. However, Horn I begins with Overture II. There is no Overture I here for 1st Horn. I found someone who was willing to write a part for it, so the problem is at least partly solved. When I located a distributor for the piece, I was told it would take six weeks to arrive from overseas, which isn't soon enough for us. Thanks again!
Elsa P.
jossuk
active poster

Post by jossuk »

You are absolutely correct about the Horn 1 part being missing for the first Overture (both here at at the afore-mentioned library); I should have noticed that. Best of luck with your performance!
Fynnjamin
regular poster

Post by Fynnjamin »

Looking at the Horn part, I would guess that this is due to a scanning problem rather than an issue with the physical copy, which is likely to be complete.