Adding new composer

Moderator: kcleung

veraugust
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Adding new composer

Post by veraugust »

Hello!

I'm secretary of the Japanese contemporary composer Naomi Maki.
The IMSLP is a great project and I'm happy to work with it. Please help me solve some problems.

I created a work page for the composer Naomi Maki and uploaded one score but, obviously, I didn't everything right, so I have a number of things that need to be corrected.
1) I created a page of the composer under the name name Maki, Naomi and indicated that she is a composer, but I cannot find her in the category "Composers", only in the category "All people". How can she be listed in the Composers page also?
2) Where can I indicate her nationality so that she can be found in the category "Nationality"? Do you take this information only from external sources (links)?
3) I uploaded the score "Lumen de Lumine" on March 1, 2013. Why isn't it shown in the New Scores directory?
4) The downloaded score is for Contrabass Tuba. It cannot be found in the Instrumentation search, how can I solve this problem?
5) I have to edit the information about the publisher of the "Lumen de Lumine": change city from Moscow for Japan, Tokyo.
Thank yo in advance for your consideration!
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Adding new composer

Post by Davydov »

Hello, and thanks for your contributions. It can take a little while for items to show up in the alphabetical lists, but Maki, Naomi is now appearing in the alphabetical list of composers. The list of new scores now goes back as far as 2 March, so I can't say whether it had been missed for any reason.

I've edited the page for Maki, Naomi to include her nationality, and the work page for Lumen de Lumine to change the city from Moscow to Tokyo. So long as you're logged in, pressing the "Edit" tab near the top of the page will allow you to see the behind-the-scenes coding, and to add or change the existing text.

This is the first work we have had with the contrabass tuba as a featured instrument, so no category exists for it yet! This will have to be created manually by our categorization team, but it may take several days before we can get to it, so please bear with us :)
veraugust

Re: Adding new composer

Post by veraugust »

Thank you so much for your quick reply and your accurate work!
I can see the necessary changes that you made and I can see now the way to edit the pages.

I'd appreciate if you cleared two more questions for me:

- Is it possible to add some biographical information and contact information to the page of the composer? or is it only through external link that one can use.

- How a person can contact the composer? Can we put any contacts on the page of the composer?
Thank you!