Bach Inventions

Moderator: kcleung

standells

Bach Inventions

Post by standells »

First of all, I would just like to say that the IMSLP is absolutely amazing! It's fantastic to find all these scores in one place! Thanks so much.

A little issue: I was reading along to the newly uploaded Bach Inventions on my computer, and noticed that the #10, 11, 12, and 13 all had their second pages upside down... now, I know it doesn't make a difference if you print the pieces and have them on paper, but when you're reading along on the computer and suddenly the music is upside down, it's a bit frustrating. Is there any way to flip the pages around?

Thanks!
standells
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Hmm... that does involve some amount of work depending on what OS you use. I personally use Linux so it's not all that hard to extract images from PDF, flip them, and then remake the PDF file. But for Windows I don't know of a way short of commercial programs. I suppose you can try to print the upside-down pages right-side up to a GhostScript printer, and then remake the PDF using pdftk, but the quality will degrade a bit, and it is kinda troublesome :/

I'm immensely busy right now, so I can't fix the file myself right now; but I will put it on my list of PDF files that need fixing.
Peter
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Peter »

Adobe Acrobat can edit pdf files and alter pages therein.

I corrected the file, uploaded it and added it to the work page. I don't know how to delete the old version, so mr. feldmahler will have to do it.

Ciao
Peter
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Thanks Peter!

I might remove the bad file at a later date (perhaps along with cleaning up the Bach category, which is a mess right now). This is mainly because the IMSLP catalogue is designed to prevent file deletion (because it is rarely needed, and also to prevent irreversible vandalism). Removing a file is a pain even for me (lol). However, as long as the new file is marked clearly as the replacement of the old one, everything is fine :)