Detailed usage statistics

Moderator: kcleung

reccmo
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Detailed usage statistics

Post by reccmo »

A former WIMA- and current IMSLP- contributor has asked me how to get information on the number of downloads for a specific IMSLP file. By googling a little around I've found that IMSLP applies the same statistics software, 'webalizer', which I'm also using for WIMA. My Google search gave me a link to the usage statistics summary page, http://www.imslp.org/stats/ with links to statistics for the last 12 months.

The available information involves various overall counts presented in tables and graphs. But I don't find links to counts on specific files like those I offer in WIMA, like http://icking-music-archive.org/usage/url_201304.html. I get 'webalizer' to produce this file by editing its configuration file, 'webalizer.conf' like this

Code: Select all

IgnoreURL	*
IncludeURL	*.pdf
IncludeURL	*.zip
Do I overlook something in IMSLP? If that is not true could I ask for IMSLP's 'webalizer' to be configured like this?
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Detailed usage statistics

Post by KGill »

I've never seen anything that specific, but there is this special page for all-time statistics on individual files (all-time actually meaning - if memory serves - since early October 2010, which is when the download counts were implemented). Also there's this text file listing the sitewide total download count per day. This would be a nice feature, though.
Rangernic

Re: Detailed usage statistics

Post by Rangernic »

Rejoining this thread after a decade has passed, the download statistics page (.pdf) is still available. The number of downloads is astonishing, hardly believable in my own case. Looking at my very modest contribution, with three scores on my IMSLP page (though more are forthcoming), I am a really obscure amateur composer with virtually no public profile, despite many years of effort. No sympathy requested, the point I'm making is that even a relative nobody has recorded 90 downloads of the score of a 48-minute symphony in a couple of years and dozens of downloads of individual parts, without exception. I posted them with the intention of letting other people share my music, and this represents almost the only evidence that anyone has in fact done so. This leads me to wonder - are these statistics reliable, or are there web trawlers going round inflating the figures? I'm not getting too excited.