Delete score

Moderator: kcleung

ivankul2309
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Delete score

Post by ivankul2309 »

How can I delete from the IMSLP the score, which I have uploaded? For example, I wrote a new score and uploaded it, but some time after I thank that it's not good and wanted to do some corrections. So, I want to delete old version of score and uploaded a new version, but don't know how to do it.
Ivan Kuligovskiy
steltz
active poster

Re: Delete score

Post by steltz »

At the top of the work page, to the right of the "Read", "Edit", and "View History" tabs, you will see an arrow. Click it and it brings down a menu. In here is a delete button. Click that and follow the instructions.
bsteltz
Notenschreiber
active poster

Post by Notenschreiber »

Sorry, but i don´t understand the answer of Steltz. My device is quite different. On the workpage there is a number #...... on the left hand side of the blue box.
Click on it and follow the instructions (there is no deletion, but a replacement of the old version by a new one).
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

Only admins can actually delete files. What you need to do is replace the existing file with a new version. This is actually fairly simple, once you know the trick...

# Click on the file number
# Follow the link to "upload a new version of this file"
# Upload the new file - you can name the new one any way you like (keep it the same or change to something new - it makes no difference)
# When you see the little next to the file description, you will know your replacement was successful

It might appear to be the old version if you view without being logged in for a couple of days due to the site's cache being updated, but the new one is what will actually download.

That's all there is to it.
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

Sorry, then I see that tab only because I am an admin. Follow Carolus' instructions.
bsteltz