Updated score was not accepted

Moderator: kcleung

Joel
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Updated score was not accepted

Post by Joel »

I updated the score to my piece entitled 'Fantasy'. (http://imslp.org/wiki/Fantasy_%28Wagner,_Joel%29) As usual, the score was blocked for a while until admin approval, but this time I checked back after a day to find that an older version of the score is still the current file. Why is this?

Thanks
cypressdome
active poster

Re: Updated score was not accepted

Post by cypressdome »

It's possible that your browser could be displaying the older file from its cache. You could trying clearing your browser's cache or accessing the site using a different browser. The current version posted has a date/time stamp of 04:24, 10 February 2014. Unfortunately, there's nothing in the score itself to let someone know that it is the latest version when compared to previous version (no revision date or version number, for instance). There are twelve older versions of the file out there. If there is really no need to keep the older versions available on the wiki let me know and I can delete them.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Hi, cypressdome. Thanks for the reply. I went back and clicked the download link just now and it turns out that the new score is showing up now. Maybe my computer was just 'catching up' with the cache or whatever. I'm not really a tech wiz. :P I would appreciate it if all previous files were deleted.

Thanks
Joel

Post by Joel »

I actually found one error in the current score so I uploaded ONCE more. Please remove all previous scores. Thank you! :)
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

All but the most recent version have been deleted.