Missing Pages in Lachner Symphony No.8 Score

Moderator: kcleung

John_H_White
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Missing Pages in Lachner Symphony No.8 Score

Post by John_H_White »

Having purchased a printed copy of the above score some months back, I recently noticed that pages 102 &103 were missing. In their place were reprints of the two previous pages, namely !00 & 101 which were then followed by 104 etc. Thinking this was just an error in my copy, I then downloaded the score from the IMSLP website but find the same problem there. It would seem that whoever kindly scanned the score in had accidentally scanned in Pages 100 &101 twice before going on to 104. Is it possible to now rectify this matter please?
Cheers,
John.
jossuk
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Missing Pages in Lachner Symphony No.8 Score

Post by jossuk »

You may already know the following, but just in case: the IMSLP copy seems to have been scanned from a Dutch site. Their copy also has the two pages missing, which is unfortunate.
In the short time I looked, I saw no other source or current publication, not even the original publisher of the IMSLP copy. I would definitely contact the Performer's Edition site and request that they consider at least a partial refund. Perhaps that would encourage them to take the extra step of checking their scores before offering them for sale.
John_H_White

Post by John_H_White »

Many thanks, Jossuk, for putting me in the picture. I gather that I should now contact the Performer's Edition and ask them to remedy the situation if they can. Otherwise, I shall need to search the Internet for another source of this score.
Cheers,
John.
John_H_White

Post by John_H_White »

Kalliwoda has now very kindly scanned in the missing pages and uploaded them. Many thanks!
Cheers,
John.