New Custom Categories (CCats) - Experimental

Moderator: kcleung

imslp
Site Admin

New Custom Categories (CCats) - Experimental

Post by imslp »

I've been playing with a new custom category feature - all comments welcome. Any information on the work page can go on the table. There can be as many types of tables/layouts as we'd like (each is its own FTE template).

http://imslp.org/index.php?title=Catego ... =ccperson1
Feduol
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: New Custom Categories (CCats) - Experimental

Post by Feduol »

I think it'd be a good feature to work page for those composers who don't have a "list of works" created manually. So, two small suggestions to it:

1- Any possibility to create a sortable wikitable to organize the pieces by year (I'd suggest here also the publication year), tonality, etc.?
2- The Scarlatti's example seems me exhaustive to show the key of that pieces when it is already shown in the work's title. What about to create a show/hide option to the columns?

Best regards,
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Thanks for the feedback.

1. Good point - this is possible at least for the items on the category page (i.e. not the entire category, but the particular alphabetical slice - doing the entire category is impossible), which may be useful even so.
2. This can be done too, though it will be specified via the URL and not a link on the table itself.

I'll post an update when these are implemented.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

New and improved now. I actually didn't remove the key because I thought sorting might be an interesting use of the column, even if it duplicates info in the title.
Feduol
forum adept

Post by Feduol »

Yes, the key is worth to be shown. Now the table is more wider, so this information doesn't perturb. Not grouping by letter in alphabetical order, it makes the table more useful in terms of gathering information. :)
NLewis
active poster

Post by NLewis »

I certainly don't mind the custom categories - I think they're quite convenient. How will we implement this on our end?
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

I have some clean-up work to do and then it'll be in the dropdown menu in the top right corner. We can also put it elsewhere we see fit. (Maybe as a link in the Table of Contents row.)