IMSLP & IAML

Moderator: kcleung

kosboot
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

IMSLP & IAML

Post by kosboot »

At this year's annual IAML conference (International Association of Music Libraries) held in Antwerp (July 13-18), I'll be discussing IMSLP with several people including planners for next year's conference (to be held in New York City).

One of the agenda items for our discussion is brainstorming how music libraries could collaborate with IMSLP. Of course there's Eastman/University of Rochester (and other libraries) who share what they've digitized, but I'm thinking & wondering if the IMSLP community can come up with additional ideas that I can "bring to the table."

We'll be meeting during Tuesday lunch Europe time, so if you want to respond, please do it by Monday night U.S./Canada time. Thanks!
NLewis
active poster

Re: IMSLP & IAML

Post by NLewis »

If the conference next year is in New York, I suspect that some IMSLP representatives (including myself) would like to go. IMSLP is really shaping the way people think of music categorization and copyright around the world.
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

You could perhaps just mention that since our categorization system is based on the MLA system, librarians might be the ideal people to help do tagging, if any of them would like to volunteer . . .
bsteltz
kosboot
forum adept

Post by kosboot »

It was an interesting meeting - didn't quite go in the direction that I'd hoped, but it's clear that some people are interested in pursuing some kind of relationship or at the very least, open communication between IMSLP and the library community. At the very least, I think one can expect a panel discussion at next year's IAML, followed by further discussions.