revisions not implemented

Moderator: kcleung

rdtennent
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

revisions not implemented

Post by rdtennent »

There seems to be a bug in the treatment of file revisions. See the discussion here:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=7786
coulonnus
active poster

Re: revisions not implemented

Post by coulonnus »

I have experienced strange behaviours too. Try to find a new name for the new file. And find a very original pdf file name to make it unlikely to be a file name that already exists on imlsp. Otherwise you will perturb an existing pdf file.
Last edited by coulonnus on Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rdtennent
forum adept

Post by rdtennent »

Try to find a new name for the new file.
My second attempt to upload a revised file used a new file name. No difference.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

I think he meant to simply upload an entirely new file with a different name--if you're uploading a new version of a file it does not change the filename used on the server. This method is a solution in general, of course, but it would be a lot nicer if the file revisions worked reliably in the first place.
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

There have been some problems with things updating on some of the subsidiary servers. I think Feldmahler has fixed this bug - or is very close to doing so.
Notenschreiber
active poster

Post by Notenschreiber »

Nothing has changed on my two "test pages" (Paulsson Symphony F-Dur (Complete Score) and Brandenburgisches Konzert 4 (continuo by Gonzales)). The bug is
still there.
wrshannon
regular poster

Post by wrshannon »

Notenschreiber wrote:Nothing has changed on my two "test pages" (Paulsson Symphony F-Dur (Complete Score) and Brandenburgisches Konzert 4 (continuo by Gonzales)). The bug is
still there.
Same here. Last night the revision of Cabanilles Tiento No.34 downloaded, and today the unrevised version downloaded. Maybe we can use this to create a new form of aleatoric music.
rdtennent
forum adept

Post by rdtennent »

KGill wrote:I think he meant to simply upload an entirely new file with a different name--if you're uploading a new version of a file it does not change the filename used on the server.
Then how would I delete the old file?
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

Edit the page for the file (i.e., the one starting with 'File:', which is the same place from which you would upload a new version) to contain the text {{delete}}, or {{delete|reason goes here}}; someone with sysop rights will then see to actually delete the file.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Just a note that this issue is because one of the mirrors ran out of space and stopped updating itself. I've fixed the problem, but the mirror may take a few days to re-sync. The reason you are getting different versions is because the rest of the mirrors are still updating normally.
Notenschreiber
active poster

Post by Notenschreiber »

The problem seems not to be solved. An example: The complete score of the Symphony in F major (Paulsson, Karl) has in it´s newest version 77 pages and three movements.
The download brings an old version, which already has been deleted as version, with 86 pages and four movements.
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

I see only one version here: http://imslp.org/wiki/File:PMLP501664-S ... rtitur.pdf Did you use 'Upload a new version of this file' ? Here is a revision example that worked fine with me: http://imslp.org/wiki/File:PMLP564705-ojinaga_paso.pdf Try to upload again from the page of your Symphony and check that you see both versions with the right dates afterwards.
Notenschreiber
active poster

Post by Notenschreiber »

There has been two versions and i have deleted the old one. Nevertheless this deleted version is the one which downloads, probably the deletion doesn´t work for all servers.
This problem (which occors in other examples too) should be solved in "regular" way, otherwise you always cannot be sure, if a revised version is really the one which will be
implemented.
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

I didn't know you may delete something! I believe you've made the situation inextricable :oops:
Notenschreiber
active poster

Post by Notenschreiber »

Same problems exists with the parts of this symphony, here i did not delete a version. Compare also viewtopic.php?f=37&t=7786.