How to find guidance for institutional projects

Moderator: kcleung

kosboot
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

How to find guidance for institutional projects

Post by kosboot »

Thanks to the article by Edward Guo in the current issue of Fontes Artis Musicae, I'm on the verge of getting my institution to officially participate in providing scores to IMSLP. I think that article may convince many institutions--across the world--to contribute to IMSLP. There are project pages for various institutions, but I don't see a page that welcomes institutional affiliations and tells people how to go about setting up such a relationship. Is there one?

If there is not, I would be happy to help contribute to making such a page (once I see what's involved) which might go far in getting more institutions to contribute their scores. This seems particularly important as there will be a big IMSLP session at the IAML conference (with Edward Guo) in New York at the beginning of June 2015.
imslp
Site Admin

Re: How to find guidance for institutional projects

Post by imslp »

I think this is an excellent idea. We don't have a page yet (interactions with libraries have so far been via e-mail), but one may certainly be useful. Your experience would also be quite valuable insofar as addressing any questions libraries have - keep me posted and let me know if you have any questions.

Edward