first upload

Moderator: kcleung

pwd9370
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

first upload

Post by pwd9370 »

Apologies if this is a FAQ. I joined recently and uploaded my first contribution last weekend (it was a revised copy of Rachmaninoff: symphony no.1 for 2 pianos - it had previously been uploaded, but there were a lot of out-of-sequence pages: I've fixed this problem.) I followed the quick guide to uploading, and everything seemed to go to plan. However, the score isn't showing up on the page, and if I look on "my contributions", there's a message saying that there was an error creating the thumbnail. I'm wondering what I should do: should I delete the file and re-upload it; try and create the thumbnail manually; or just wait?
cypressdome
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: first upload

Post by cypressdome »

The file is an orphan--not associated with any work page--so I have deleted it. Try uploading it again. Assuming this is the Muzgiz publication the upload process should go as follows: mouse over Add File, click Add Sheet Music, select the Arrangements and Transcriptions tab, click Go, select your file and fill in the information on the form selecting Public Domain as the Copyright, click Submit. Hopefully, all should go well.