Order of recordings and scores

Moderator: kcleung

Imaginatorium
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Order of recordings and scores

Post by Imaginatorium »

I'm not sure how long this has been the case, perhaps for ever, but the work pages present recording ("Performances"), followed by scores ("Sheet music"). This seems not the natural order to me.

Of course it is great that the are recordings available, but IMSLP stands for "International Music *Score* Library Project", which suggests that this is not just my personal taste. Again, there may have been cases where a work had 7 different score versions, and a sample recording, so putting the recording at the top seemed natural. But the other day I wanted to look at editions of a study, so I typed the usual "IMSLP Chopin 25" into the search bar, and there's the page -- but there is a big scroll to the scores (ok, yes, I know there's also a TOC).

Anyway, has this been discussed or considered. Do others think it would be better to have scores at the top? Would it be a big job to change? Grateful for suggestions.

Brian Chandler
Sallen112
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Order of recordings and scores

Post by Sallen112 »

If you right click on the score you want to download, you can open a new tab to display the score there, then play the recording you want to play at the top of the workpage on the page your viewing the workpage. Or open a new window to display the score.

As for changing the order of displaying recordings at the bottom then and the scores on the top, that would probably be a big job to change around how things are displayed across all workpages on the site (I am not really the one to say about reprogramming really, since no one has responded yet!).