instrument listing

Moderator: kcleung

cdettman
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

instrument listing

Post by cdettman »

As a first time contributor to IMSLP, I recently uploaded an edition of Alexandre de Villeneuve's "Conversations en maniere de Sonates," Op.2, consisting of six suites for two flutes or two violins or two viols. In spite of my specifying the instrumentation, this work does not appear among the listings for two flutes (I have not checked the others). Is there an additional step that needs to be taken to have the work appear in the appropriate instrumentation category? Thanks.
Sallen112
active poster

Re: instrument listing

Post by Sallen112 »

If you mean the catagory tags, the page hasn't been tagged yet with the appropriate genre and instrumentation tags for this workpage. I can attempt to tag it properly (for the catagory tags) but Steltz might have something to say...

Actually I might let Steltz tag the workpage of the genre because I am not sure what exactly the tag this would be.
cdettman

Post by cdettman »

Hello. Has there been any action taken or contemplated on this issue? In spite of the unusual title, this work consists of six suites for two flutes, violins, or viols, so could simply be listed as such. I just checked the listings for two flutes and still do not find it listed. I would like these pieces to be accessible to those who are interested. Thanks.
Sallen112
active poster

Post by Sallen112 »

There tagged it as "suites ; 2fl ; 2vn ; 2viol" sound Ok? Keep in mind when you see [tag] to the left of the workpage title at the top, the piece has not been tagged yet so it won't appear in any instrumentation lists until the catagory tags have been manually added.