new name

Moderator: kcleung

JeanneMarie
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

new name

Post by JeanneMarie »

On the "preferences" page, I just added a "real name" and "new sig" in the hope that that would change the "username" displayed next to the files I've uploaded. I've noticed some (small) lag in updating, so I would just like to verify whether that will change the username some time soon.

If I can't do this this way, do I have to delete files, create a new account, and re-upload? Naturally, I'd hoped to avoid that.

Thanks.
icactus
active poster

Re: new name

Post by icactus »

Hi JeanneMarie,

When you upload a file the system automatically uses your user name for the upload. I could be mistaken about this but I believe your "real name" is only automatically used if you upload an edition or arrangement you created or a piece you composed. It would then auto-fill the "editor" category with your name and birth year. I imagine the logic is that you as a user uploaded the file but didn't necessarily scan the file. If you would like to attribute the scan to yourself you can edit the page and under "|Scanner=" put your full name next to the edition that you scanned.

Hope that helps!
JeanneMarie
regular poster

Re: new name

Post by JeanneMarie »

Thanks so much. This seems to "take" technically. Hope nobody minds. I wish I'd thought about this first, but I had a variety of difficulties just getting the files up there.

As I mentioned, the only alt. is to open a new account for my husband, take 8 files down, and re-upload. As I explained on the edit page, he is the author of a book referencing IMSLP files (giving credit in the book and mentioning on twitter). He also paid for the scan. (A rush job!) So it really seems unfortunate not to give him credit. And we'll probably never donate another file so two accounts is really overkill. ;-)

I do appreciate your help.