I want to upload a book as one pdf, with many composers

Moderator: kcleung

tsmspace
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

I want to upload a book as one pdf, with many composers

Post by tsmspace »

I have this book,

"The invincible folio of instrumental guitar music" , , the book has a copyright of 1902 .

yes it would be possible for me to upload the songs individually, no I'm not COMPLETELY opposed to it, but ,,,

I don't like how the other era music for guitar is contributed, it is not sortable by publication (walter jacobs publications for guitar) , I just only go to meantone for those books. I can't handle trying to search for every single composer, I just want the book .

Therefore, I would much prefer to be able to contribute the entire book at a minimum. I don't mind then also contributing the individual songs ,, but I really want to contribute the book as a single upload, because that's how I would want to download it in the future.
(yes i am in possession of the book, but because it appears to be rare, I plan to not be the caretaker of it, and find a more appropriate and preservative place for it,,, therefore I will need to access the online collections if i want more of it in the future).

Is it possible to somehow put it up as the whole book?? I obviously can't do that via the composer portal. ,,,
Sallen112
active poster

Re: I want to upload a book as one pdf, with many composers

Post by Sallen112 »

Yes just make a new workpage and list all of the composers/contributors that are part of the book in the movements/sections field. But make sure to check the death dates at least on all contributors to make sure they haven't died less than 50 years ago. Then you can do your upload and we can add in the collection field for the workpage.
tsmspace

Post by tsmspace »

So who goes in the composer box of the work field?

and what if I can't seem to find all of their names??
Sallen112
active poster

Post by Sallen112 »

You will want to upload that under the Various Category page if the edition was not authored by one person.
tsmspace

Post by tsmspace »

well,,, here is the link to the finished page

I hope this is ok??

https://imslp.org/wiki/The_Invincible_F ... _(Various)