Posts about Padrucci and IMSLPDroid.

Moderators: Philidor, gardano

davidecatina91
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Palm rejection issues in android app with native Oppo Pad 2 stylus

Post by davidecatina91 »

Dear moderator(s) :)

I have a question regarding the Imslp app. I have been an incredibly happy Imslp subscriber for some time now, and I use your app on a daily basis. Until last month I used it on an Ipad, and everything was flawless. I had a third party stylus (not original apple) and it was nevertheless working perfectly. No issue at all with palm rejection, I could take notes with the stylus and change page with the touch of my finger without quitting the note-taking mode pressing X.
Since I am an android kind of guy, a month ago I bought the Oppo Pad 2, which is a very interesting new Android tablet, that a lot of musician I know are considering to buy, since is the first mid-high range android tablet with a form factor of 7:5, very close to that of the Ipad (4:3) and not so slim as all the rest of the android tablets, and therefore very good to display scores. The Oppo Pad 2 also comes with a native (original) bluetooth stylus, very similar in features to the apple one, that supports palm rejection.
Unlickily palm rejection doesn't work at all on the Imslp app. I can write with both the pen and the finger (and my wrist) in the same way, and continuously have to quit and enter the note-taking mode before changing page of the score. That is not because of the native stylus, since palm rejection works perfectly on other apps optimized for the tablet. Could it be fixed in any way? I read somewhere that it might have to do with SDK implementation, but being a full time musician, I am not really knowledgeable in the field of programming :D
I hope to hear from you soon, thank you so much in advance for your attention and many compliments for your work! I am a big fan!

Best regards,
Davide Catina