API account for developing an Android application.

Posts about Padrucci and IMSLPDroid.

Moderators: Philidor, gardano

paul
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

API account for developing an Android application.

Post by paul »

Hello,

My name is Paul and I am a third-year software engineering student. I am interested in developing an Android application to learn more about Android development. About two weeks ago, I emailed feldmahler about the possibility of acquiring an API account, but I haven't gotten a response. Is there anyone else that I can contact? The only way to use IMSLP is to do HTTP requests from the app itself, which is less than ideal. The app will be completely free with no advertisements. Thank you.

Cheers.
Choralia
Site Admin

Re: API account for developing an Android application.

Post by Choralia »

AFAIK, API accounts and privileges for the MediaWiki software simply reflect those available for web access. So, you may invoke the API anonymously to perform functions available to anonymous users (e.g., to run read-only queries), while you may create a normal user account if you need to perform functions only available to registered users, such as page editing.

Max
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

According to IMSLP:API, only those with special accounts can see the documentation for the API - I'm sure OP is referring to the IMSLP-specific one written by Feldmahler, not the general MW one.
paul

Post by paul »

KGill and Choralia, thank you for your replies. I did not know that MediaWiki has an API. It should be enough to get me started. Thanks again.

Paul.
Onlyzen

Post by Onlyzen »

i am new in Android development, tell me about that i understand the fundamental concepts about the Android app framework
DianeArcag
notabot2: Bot

API account for developing an Android application

Post by DianeArcag »

I have an interesting project for any of you who have experience developing android aps. currently, none of the office applications out there will allow blind and visually impaired users to view as well as edit their office documents. There are office aps that allow for the cocument to be read allowed, but I am fairly certain that none of them allow for editing and such. So I thought Id see if there any developers out there who want a bit of a challenge and an interesting project for which there is a growing need. Any work thwoard this goal would be appreciated.

Image ;-)
Backfire_22

Post by Backfire_22 »

So, has this project reached its goals since 2013? An Android app would be a handy thing to have!
Sallen112
active poster

Post by Sallen112 »

IMSLP already has the app created for Android now, look on the Google Play Store.
Backfire_22

Post by Backfire_22 »

Oh, okay, I've overlooked it, sorry!